Harford County PTA Leaders, April 17, 2019
A primary purpose of PTA is to advocate for families and children. The County Executive has sent his proposed budget to the Harford County Council for their review. The CE included $10M plus another $650K which has been reserved specifically for mental health.
We encourage you to share your voice on behalf of this cause. If you don't know what to say, you may personalize this email and send it to email@example.com. At many of the County Council sessions I attended, the correspondence received has been mentioned.
Feel free to share with your membership.
I will also keep you informed of upcoming events concerning the budget. If you have questions, please let me know.
Over the last 10 years, extreme cost saving measures have resulted in larger class sizes, teacher and staff reduction and valuable program loss. It’s time to stop the cuts and fund the budget! Ask the County Executive to fully fund the Harford County Public Schools budget.
1. Overview of Maryland Local Governments, Finances and Demographic Information. Department of Legislative Services 2019. Page 90.
2. 2018-2019 County & Municipality Tax Rate. Maryland Department of Assessments & Taxation.
3. Spotlight on Maryland Tax Rates. Comptroller of Maryland. https://taxes.marylandtaxes.gov/…/Local_and_County_Tax_Rate…
4. Report to the Maryland General Assembly Class Size in Maryland Public Schools 2016-2017 School Year. Maryland Public Schools. Page 6. http://marylandpublicschools.org/…/20162017MDClassSizeRepor…
5. Superintendent's Proposed Budget Fiscal Year 2020. Harford County Public Schools. Page 30. https://www.hcps.org/…/FY20/2020SuperintendentProposedBudget
Harford County Council of PTAs
every child, one voice